Original topic:

Phone won't update to One UI 6.1 Galaxy S23 Ultra

(Topic created: a month ago)
fcferhat12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I bought a Galaxy S23 ultra from Noon.com in Dubai.The phone is unlocked and has one physical SIM and one e-SIM.

Model name : SM-S918U/DS So it looks like an American device.Phone won't update to One UI 6.1 Galaxy S23 Ultra

When I check, the latest update appears. What can I do?

7 Replies
Nerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe try a factory reset? Also you could try to force the update by plugging it into a computer and connecting it to the downloadable Windows app for Smart Switch at which point you should get an option to try to force an update.
0 Likes
fcferhat12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes I did it a 1 hour ago. Still same

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry, but you have reached the US community. You would need to contact the support community for your country at the link below.
https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
fcferhat12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

But phone is from us

0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Try Samsung Smart Switch to update.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
Nerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm sorry, did you say that you are using a US model in a different country? Basically, if that is the case, you most likely will not be able to update it outside the US. The software updates tend to be specific and slightly different for each country. Based on certain laws and regulations in each country, you will need to call Samsung tech support. At that point, they will probably direct you either to a local Samsung store or a Samsung authorized retailer where they may be able to force the update. It will probably cost you $200 to do so. That is a rough estimate only.
0 Likes
fcferhat12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes , thanks for the information. It is very strange.  Let me check with samsung 

0 Likes