Original topic:

Play Store opening each time I unlock screen

(Topic created: 09-18-2024 06:08 AM)
BC10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Whenever I unlock my screen, the play store opens up. This started two days ago and it's driving me insane. Can anyone help me to get this to stop?

0 Likes
5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you unlocking with a fingerprint? Perhaps you are pressing too long. I find that when I hold my finger on the print reader too long, one of the apps on my quick launch bar opens. Fingerprint only requires a light tap.
0 Likes
BC10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
No, I use a code. I've tried disabling play store but that didn't work
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@BC10 You probably have a malicious 3rd party app installed which is doing this. 

One thing that you can try to identify the cause of the pop up is to use Good Lock's Nice Catch module. Samsung's Good Lock is available in the Galaxy Store (NOT the Play Store). Open Good Lock and install the Nice Catch module. Open the module and enable it. Enable items like "Toast history", "Detect commercials", etc. 

But you may end up resorting to deleting 3rd party apps until you find the culprit. 

0 Likes
BC10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. I will try that
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
That sounds like a shortcut, maybe. Hold down on the screen in an empty area. Click on "Wallpaper" and style." Then click the top-left "Lock screen." You will see two quick-open apps on the bottom left and right of the edit screen. Click on the area where you see the Play Store and switch it to something different.
0 Likes