Original topic:

RAM issues

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
DazeOne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Anyone facing issues apps crashing due to low RAM. Watch, Samsung health and smart things must stay running. When playing big games or editing in tik tok which use 1.9 to 3GB of RAM the phone becomes unstable and closes everything only to auto start everything again. I don't think 8GB of RAM is enough if you're using Samsung wear and health continuously. 
17 Replies
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I have, but with a Budget phone. This is a really specific problem, but annoying nonetheless. If I open camera with both Spotify and a run tracker open, my phone decides Russian roulette style which two I get to use. And I do this way too often. But other than that, I don't notice any issues, other than the occasional crash.
0 Likes
DazeOne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
For me when I have wear in the background I upload and edit my tik tok and the more I do it lags and crashes everything. Or playing call of duty it starts off smooth but the more I get into the map it just closes the game. Annoying when using a flagship.
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you enabled the 'RAM Plus' settting?
0 Likes
DazeOne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
RAM Plus on and off. RAM Plus set to 8GB
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Which phone do you have? and have you tried raising the amount of 'virtual ram'?
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
If you have the s23 fe, the 'ram plus' option should be available if you go into Settings->Device Care->Memory->RAM Plus(at very bottom)->click on enable ram plus and select -> 2gb-8gb this is VRAM basically
0 Likes
DazeOne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It's on set to 8GB
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Do you have auto deep sleep apps and you've disabled any you don't need? Cleared system cache?
0 Likes
DazeOne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I do but the apps running constantly are wear, health and smart things. Location and core services always on and before and after trying to edit1716483125575.jpg1716483125596.jpg
0 Likes