Original topic:

RCS not working right

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Mebe83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Sometimes when texting my friend or sister (who both have the s23ultra like me using Google messages with RCS turned on) our texts will be so jacked up because when sending a text it won't send but will say "the recipient appears to be offline" (which is stupid because I know they're not) and will give the option to wait or send as sms instead of RCS. Does anyone else experience this because it's super annoying. They both have Verizon but I have T-Mobile, don't know if that helps or not.
4 Replies
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes it can happen for a number of reasons. The most common reason I see is that the recepient is in an area with poor signal strength. For example, a friend of mine can't use RCS when he's at work because the signal is spotty. He can browse the web just fine but no RCS messages. It works as soon as he leaves his building though.
0 Likes
Mebe83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I wish that was the case but my friend is working from home so she has great signal strength. And the same with me, I'll be at home and her phone tells her that I'm offline when I'm actually am connected
0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you using wifi or cell connection?
0 Likes
Mebe83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
When at home WiFi, but everywhere else I use cell connection