JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Random text notifications have no sound

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Members_awX33kE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have found another thread and did all that was said.  Check all volume control, reset setting, rebooted in safe mode.   While logging into this site I got 2 text notifications and they had sound.  I had several other texts from wife, customers and friends today with no sound.  Yesterday none had sound.   Sorry to bring an old item back to the forum but I don't know what's next.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_awX33kE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I took me all night long but I found the culprit.  I have a Galaxy 5 watch, it's last update changed the notifications to if shown on watch do not notify phone.  Turned that off and it now works as I think it should.  Thanks for help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Noobie
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Which messaging app do you use?
Members_awX33kE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I believe it is the one that came on the phone.   There is another one Google messages but it is in deep sleep since shortly after I bought this phone over a year ago.

0 Likes
Noobie
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Make sure the sound isn't disabled for the specific messaging app by going to Settings >> Notifications >> App Notification >> Samsung Messages
0 Likes
Members_awX33kE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes it is on.  What is strange is today all texts except from when I had to reset my password for this forum were silent, from this site they were the normal notification sound.  I appreciate you taking time for this.

0 Likes
Solution
Members_awX33kE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I took me all night long but I found the culprit.  I have a Galaxy 5 watch, it's last update changed the notifications to if shown on watch do not notify phone.  Turned that off and it now works as I think it should.  Thanks for help.

0 Likes