Original topic:

Recovery mode

(Topic created: 11-27-2023 05:43 AM)
Kentaro
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I have factory unlocked S23 Ultra US version and live in US too. SIM is Verizon. Android 14 with official UI6. 
Many articles saying that I have to connect my 23 ultra to PC and power off then press volume+ and power button for show up recovery mode. But my 23 ultra can do it without connect to PC. Why my 23 ultra can do it??
I could do this with my Verizon locked Note10+, factory unlocked S22 Ultra before. Also my current tab S8+ can do it without connect to PC with USB-C. Why my devices can do it without connect to PC with USB cable? Only US version? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Kentaro I've had many Samsung phones from the Note 8 to the S23 Ultra, Fold 5, and Tab S8+ today. None of the phones required a USB C connection to boot into recovery mode. 

Your S23 Ultra is acting normally. If you have concerns, return it to the place of purchase. 

View solution in context

16 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Kentaro "Many people answered me that I have to connect my 23 ultra to PC and..."

Those "many people" are wrong. This is not required for phones. 

"Also my current tab S8+ can do it without connect to PC with USB-C. "

This is surprising. Connecting a USB C to the Tab is required to get into recovery mode. 

0 Likes
Kentaro
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok I changed it from people to articles, fine for you?
Well then my 23 ultra and tab S8+ can go reboot menu without connecting PC. I can't upload video here. Are you in US? My 23 ultra got it from Samsung US on February 11, 2023.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Kentaro My devices are all from the US. This is the discussion are for Samsung US products and services. 

I guess consider yourself lucky that your Tab can do this without a USB C connection. 

0 Likes
Kentaro
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
So my 23 ultra lucky too? I traded 22 Ultra for 23 so I don't have 22 Ultra here and I did recovery mode without cable with 22 Ultra too. Was that lucky too?? 🤷
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Kentaro As I said previously, no cable is required to get a phone into recovery mode. So your phone is operating as expected. 

0 Likes
Kentaro
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
>As I said previously..
I heard it now.

And I tried find answer from Google search before post here and they're saying has to connect to computer with USB-C for 23 series phones, like a 99% says it. And I'm worried about my 23 ultra is wrong one..
Do you have any link for recovery mode without cable?
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Kentaro I've had many Samsung phones from the Note 8 to the S23 Ultra, Fold 5, and Tab S8+ today. None of the phones required a USB C connection to boot into recovery mode. 

Your S23 Ultra is acting normally. If you have concerns, return it to the place of purchase. 

Kentaro
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
@LongHiker I relieved little but

>This is surprising. Connecting a USB C to the Tab is required to get into recovery mode.

You said it first about Tab S8+ but now you're saying your S8+ didn't require a USB C connection??
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S23

@Kentaro I said none of the phones require a USB C connection. All of the tablets I have had, including the Tab S8+, require a USB C connection. 

0 Likes