Original topic:

Remove notifications from headphones

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 11:17 PM)
BigEarl1987
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Why are we not allowed to decided weather or not we receive notifications through headphones and Bluetooth headphones anymore? Why was this removed? Yes I did go into sound assist but it seems like it does absolutely nothing when you turn them off for headphones. The samsung customer service rep said you can only do that if you own a pair of samsung earbuds....REALLY! I ware hearing aids can't just shove earbuds in there at the same time.....would love to use the Bluetooth part of my hearing aids to it's fullest potential but getting a **bleep** ton of notifications in my ears kind of sucks. I was also told to just shut the notifications off which defeats the purpose of notifications. 

Thanks
3 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

You can make the notification sounds silent, either by choosing "silent" instead of allow sound and vibration, or setting the default notification sound to silent (yes, there's actually a sound selection for that in the sound list).  The notification bubbles will appear on your phone, but you won't hear them in your hearing aids.

0 Likes
BigEarl1987
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah but the thing is I want them to still play through my phone so I can hear them.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

Unfortunately, you can't have both, as there is no selection to not send notifications to headphones, as you can with a watch. If you don't want to hear them In your headset, you will just have to silence them. You will get them, but you won't hear them, so you'll just have to occasionally look at your phone. You can also just choose a very short, very low volume tone, so it won't blast in your ears. Glitter is an  unobnoxious sound, as is beep once.

0 Likes