JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Removing myself from group chat created by iPhone user

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
GregWithAnH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

So I was added to a group text chat by an iPhone user. I am on Galaxy S23+. According to that iPhone user, who started the chat, he cannot remove me from the chat because I am mixed in with iPhone users (and other Android users). 

As a default, I prefer to use the Samsung Messages (SM) over the Google Messages (GM). In SM, there is no way to remove myself from the group chat. I then go into GM, I go into Group details but there is no way to remove myself either.

I can only 'mute' the chat at this time. I just want to remove myself from this group text and not block anyone. Can someone help me out? Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

This has been the bane of everyone, no way to remove oneself from a chat they don't want to be in.  When RCS takes hold with more users, I hear one would be able to remove themselves and/or others as long as the chat was not mixed. In other words, like iPhone chats, it's restricted to people using the same app.  With Google Messages, all participants would have to be a) using Google Messages, and b) have RCS turned on.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

This has been the bane of everyone, no way to remove oneself from a chat they don't want to be in.  When RCS takes hold with more users, I hear one would be able to remove themselves and/or others as long as the chat was not mixed. In other words, like iPhone chats, it's restricted to people using the same app.  With Google Messages, all participants would have to be a) using Google Messages, and b) have RCS turned on.

HOGGZILLA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
They have to start a new chat....
0 Likes