Original topic:

S23 Ultra stuck 6.0 OS

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
EckoKing13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
My Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is still stuck on the **bleep** 6.0 OS update. Is there a way to forcethe update? Would a factory reset automatically cause my phone to update to the newest OS being the 6.1.1 update??
11 Replies
Phil6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey, 

Could you send a screenshot of the information when you go into "settings", then "about phone", then "software information" and then take a screenshot of the information there please.

EckoKing13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
What is that for?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

I hear you can connect your phone to a computer, download Smart Switch for the computer and get the update that way.  You need a computer with either a USB-C port or USB 2.0 port with a USB-A to C adapter and a PD cable to do this.

0 Likes
Phil6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Here is a link how to update your phone using smart switch: https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-software-using-smart-switch/

0 Likes
EckoKing13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks! I have heard of this unfortunately I do not have one nor do ik someone with one I can use. Was hoping my last hope is to backup everything to samsung cloud and do a factory reset. Do you happen to know if that would force the update on the phone?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't think it would, but you could try it. BTW, your phone should be backing up to the cloud every night, but it won't hurt to do a backup right before a reset. I think a backup is done automatically upon reset.

If that does not work, contact your carrier, as they are the ones that roll out the updates.
0 Likes
EckoKing13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thats true. I believe it was for when I joined the Beta before the 6.0 update was released ever since its been stuck on that one. I actually went to the Samsung Store and a technician told me when the next update was released I should have been able to download it; Which released this week. However I am still unable to update the software for w.e reason.
0 Likes
EckoKing13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
See1726610360164_1726610360156_0.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Your carrier still has a roll out schedule for models. Unless beta testers were suppposed to get priority.
0 Likes