JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Voice to Text issues

(Topic created: 12-15-2023 09:01 AM)
Starlifter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Just went from my old S7, which had exceptional V2T, to a new S23 which is horrible. When speaking for text on the S7, when I said period to end a sentence, it showed up instantly. Saying question mark to end a question, it was just as good. On this S23 when doing so, it says "period". If I start a new sentence it will turn "period" into the dot, but start the next sentence with a small case letter. I now have to go back and edit the whole text. I just don't understand why "new" gets worse.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
stratguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Use the search under settings and search for gboard and click on it, and there should be an option to make it the default . If you can't find it you can download it on Google play.

View solution in context

6 Replies
stratguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Use Google. Samsung is horrible.
0 Likes
Starlifter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks! How do I go about that?

0 Likes
Solution
stratguy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Use the search under settings and search for gboard and click on it, and there should be an option to make it the default . If you can't find it you can download it on Google play.
Starlifter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Got it, thanks!

Hawkiowan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I've tried every way to Tuesday to fix this maddening problem. I'm about to give up on Samsung entirely, given how basic this is to the efficient use of a smart phone and how completely f'd up and impossible to fix it is and that they have absolute **bleep** for support on it. Completely unacceptable. 

0 Likes
Starlifter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I did what Stratguy suggested and it's much better but not quite as efficient as my beloved S7.

0 Likes