Original topic:

Are Samsung repair centers actually Samsung?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
psychos28
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm curious. I sent my Galaxy S23 Ultra in to Samsung to see about getting it fixed. Before I sent it all I could do is boot into recovery mode and the emergency download screens. Somehow the phone permanently deleted the operating system. With the phone off if I were to plug it into a power source I'd still see the normal charge sign. It was still under warranty until July this year. Once Samsung received the phone they told me the warranty would not cover the repairs because of "physical" damage. So I told them to send it back to me and now I get no response whatsoever from the phone no matter what I do. My question is when we send a phone to Samsung for "repairs" is it an actual Samsung facility or a third party company that does the repairs? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
JFC76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
What's the difference?
0 Likes
psychos28
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
How else would I not be able to access the boot menu like I was before I sent the phone anywhere.
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with the phone no longer responding after receiving it back from the repair center. 

The ship-in service is completed by the Samsung Repair center. Local repairs are completed by authorized service centers.

For questions or concerns with ship-in service, you will need to contact customer support directly by calling 1-800-726-7864.

0 Likes