Original topic:

Setting Picture Colour Mode

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 05:42 AM)
Tellef
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi,

I wanted to set picture colour mode til sRGB on my  Galaxy s23 Ultra. And so i did, by changing Picture colour mode to sRGB in developer options.

I thougt that this would change the colour mode for the camera, to take pictures in sRGB mode instead of Uncalibrated. But it did not.

So, I thought I should ask this forum if I am missing something. But today, when I check out my settings again, the option "Picture Colour Mode" has vanished from the Developers options menu!!! 

It's been just two weeks since I tested it, using this option. It was placed between "Running service" and "WebWiew implementation". But now it's gone. It's not caused by a software upgrade. The last time I updated the software was more than 4 weeks ago. How is this possible? What did happen?

Anyway, how and when the setting disappeared is not the crucial point. What I'd like to know, is this: Is it possible, at all, to change the colour mode for the camera from "Uncalibrated" to sRGB?

Regards

Tellef

1 Reply
Tellef
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

The reason why this bothers me, is that my picture editing software can't handle pictures from my Galaxy s23. I have used this software for all my digital pictures since 2005. It has just the basic editing functions, I can import pictures folder by folder,  and changing the attributes I want to change, normally takes just a few seconds per picture. 

As far as I can see,  the problem is the picture coluor mode. I can open the picture i Gimp, where it is converted to sRGB, export it, and then I can use my editing software.

Looking further into this, Galaxy s23 seems to use a colour mode called "DCI-P3 D65 Gamut with sRGB Transfer".  Obviously a kind av sRGB, but still not recognized by my software.

I have also tested ImageMagick, and I have made a batch script to transform the original Galaxy s23 pictures to a sRGB profile that my software can read. This saves me a lot of time.

As it stands,  I'm not lost at all, but if there is a way to change the Colour profile on the s23 camera instead, I would be pleased. But I doubt it.

Regards
Tellef

0 Likes