Original topic:

Streaks around lights on pictures.

(Topic created: Saturday)
Members_6dE6CjK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
My galaxy s23 ultra takes pics with huge streaks around lights. My son has same phone and his is fine. How can I fix this?

3 Replies
eBilly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
This issue typically arises from smudges, fingerprints, or oil residue on the camera lens, often transferred from accidental contact with the hand. To prevent this, I make it a habit to clean the camera lenses with something like my shirt or a microfiber cloth before capturing photos or videos.

However, if a protective case covers the lenses, it could also be the cause of the streaks.

Lastly, a deep scratch on the lens may be the culprit, necessitating its replacement.
0 Likes
Members_6dE6CjK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately, it's not those. I usually do clean the lens, took off protective cover a few months back.
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
It is a lens flare so if you go to your pro settings you will need to experiment with the aperture. Per Google, it says:

Locate the aperture value (usually denoted by f-stops) and adjust it to a higher number (e.g., f/16 or higher). This narrows the opening of the lens, reducing the amount of light entering and potentially reducing lens flare.
0 Likes