JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Txt messages splitting with new number sequence

(Topic created: 05-18-2023 11:42 AM)
Kaliverse
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Text messages are being received differently and you cannot use the same chain but only for some numbers not all.. doesn't matter if they have a different type of phone as this hasn't been an issue before . Also adding the new number sequence to the saved contact doesn't help . I have the S23 Ultra and txt multiple iPhone users but this is only happening with select numbers not all contacts..there was no update either that I was aware of yesterday 🤔
12 Replies
starkiller2214
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
My s23 Ultra just started doing this. My message thread with a saved contact comes through as their phone number in a separate thread.
0 Likes
Members_poth8mA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm having the same issue (S22) and it started about 30 mins ago.

I've also noticed, for me anyway, that this is only effecting any of my contacts that are iphone users. I tested with a few friends who also have Samsung and had no issue with texting back and forth. 

0 Likes
TasteofGemini
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine is now back to working correctly. Finally!
Kaliverse
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you do anything like updates or call providers?
0 Likes
SlimR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having the same issues
0 Likes
AndrewJGao
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine just fixed itself
0 Likes
Members_poth8mA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Mine just fixed itself as well

0 Likes
TasteofGemini
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Didn't do anything other than come on this site to find out if anyone else was having the issue.
notalie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Do you have AT&T? It sounds like one is either on the receiving end of these weird numbers, or is causing them. Someone mentioned that it was an AT&T patch issue. The only people who received weird texts from me had AT&T. I wasn't receiving weird texts bc I have TMobile.