JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to disable write to text

(Topic created: 01-13-2024 07:23 AM)
userKN78T8SDdn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have looked everywhere online for a working solution to this problem. Did this just start with the new update? I always use swipe text for everything, but now when I touch any textable area with my S pen, it automatically wants to start handwriting. I. HATE IT! I have disabled write to text in the S-pen settings. I nearly have all S-pen features disabled. It's appearing in Google messages, Samsung messages, Signal messages, Google chrome text boxes. OMG everywhere! I have checked all my messaging app settings, my keyboard settings, every setting imaginable in my Samsung phone. It will not go away. Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MobilityX1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Found a solution!

First, you must change the default keyboard (temporarily) to the Samsung keyboard.

Next, under Samsung Keyboard settings, disable "S Pen to text"

Next, you may return to using GBoard if you want, but either way the issue is resolved.

View solution in context

14 Replies
userj5JEWAMwWe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue with the 23 Note Ultra
ElecricEyeND
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I think that would be a setting under General management. Check keyboard list and default, for example. Search your settings for "write".
0 Likes
userKN78T8SDdn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
This is what I get when I search my settings for "write". And I only have two keyboards. Gboard, which is my default, and Samsung. I've went through every setting on both keyboards, I'm not finding anything that can turn this off. The only way I can get the keyboard to pop up to type in a text field is to have my S pen far from the phone. Even if the S pen is in my hand, it's too close and will default to handwriting.SmartSelect_20240113_083106_Settings Suggestions_1000006000_1705163467.jpg
0 Likes
ElecricEyeND
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Two things to try. It seems that you wanna have a different default from handwriting. Go to Gboard settings>languages and tap the edit button in the corner. Grab the keyboard language you want default by its handle on the right and drag it to the top. You should still be able to switch keyboard languages by holding down the space bar.

If that doesn't work you can use that screen to delete the handwriting keyboard language.

0 Likes
ElecricEyeND
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Did that work? Mark if it solved.
0 Likes
userCRkrzmOUgM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
husband and I are each having the same problems with this! We updated to One UI 6. WE ARE DESPERATE TO GET RID OF THIS!
MobilityX1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same problem. Also desperate.

s1kkmc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same problem here, I found the settings it's under Gboard, BUT there's no option to disable it! 1706682380731.jpg
Solution
MobilityX1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Found a solution!

First, you must change the default keyboard (temporarily) to the Samsung keyboard.

Next, under Samsung Keyboard settings, disable "S Pen to text"

Next, you may return to using GBoard if you want, but either way the issue is resolved.