Original topic:

Update issues

(Topic created: 05-22-2024 11:15 PM)
Gabrielll
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So my phone is brand new, and it wont the update for one u.i 6.1 Won't show up, I have plenty of storage, battery above 50% , and a stable wifi connection. I've tried samsung support and it didn't help. Please give me some advicešŸ™
17 Replies
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
That would be my first step anyway is just trying a system cache wipe, you won't lose any data and it sometimes fixes these kinds of issues, I can walk you through the steps
0 Likes
Gabrielll
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
How do I do that?
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Just turn the phone off give a couple seconds to make sure it's completely off->then press down and hold down the volume up and power key at the same time or volume first->keep holding down the 2 buttons as it boots and after the first boot screens it will stutter and go to the boot menu->you can let go of the buttons once you see the screen changing to the boot menu->once in the menu you must use the volume keys to navigate and power key is select/enter-> click volume down until you highlight 'wipe cache partition'-> press power button for select->it will ask 'are you sure you want to delete?'-> use volume to go to 'yes' and power key again for select-> screen will flash and say wiping cache at bottom you return to main menu again and reboot should already be highlighted-> so just press power again for select and it will reboot phone as normal
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
I will say after typing all that it may be easier to just watch a vid of it it's very easy just sounds complicated
0 Likes
Gabrielll
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It's okay lol, I appreciate you helping out. I'll do it after I get out of school
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
That has fixed this exact issue for me in the past hasn't happened to me for awhile though if you've never cleared the files I almost guarantee that's it
0 Likes
Gabrielll
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So after wiping it, the update still isn't popping up
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Try checking your phones google play certification status it should say 'device is certified' you can check this in the Google play store under settings->About-> 'Play protect certification' this is where it should tell you
0 Likes