JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Websites just keep popping up

(Topic created: 06-13-2024 04:26 AM)
kara3967
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

A couple of days ago my S23 Ultra started blowing up with notifications.  I swipe down from the top and there are dozens of notifications from spam websites.  When I swipe them away more and more take their place.  How do I get rid of them?  They aren't texts, they are websites.

Thank you in advance for any help.

kara3967

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Sounds like you have a bit of malware either by downloading something or going to a sketchy website.  If you don't have app security enabled, enabled it and run a scan.  or get some other protective app and protect your device.  If this started after installing a new app, the first thing I would do is either check the notification settings for the app and turn off notifications or uninstall the app. If it happened after visiting a website, in the browser, clear your browsing history then go to your phone settings and go to applications and find the browser used and clear the cache and data in the storage section. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Sounds like you have a bit of malware either by downloading something or going to a sketchy website.  If you don't have app security enabled, enabled it and run a scan.  or get some other protective app and protect your device.  If this started after installing a new app, the first thing I would do is either check the notification settings for the app and turn off notifications or uninstall the app. If it happened after visiting a website, in the browser, clear your browsing history then go to your phone settings and go to applications and find the browser used and clear the cache and data in the storage section. 

kara3967
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

That has worked so far.  I will see what tomorrow brings. 

0 Likes