Original topic:

WhatsApp Audio STOPS at 30 seconds

(Topic created: 07-04-2024 03:32 AM)
usereo7WBB12pT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Galaxy S23. For some time now, at least with the last two updates, I have noticed that when I listen to WhatsApp voice messages that are longer than 30 seconds and put the phone to my ear, the screen turns on and the audio stops after 30 seconds.

I have also tried in Galaxy S24 and same issue.

I am not the only one with this problem.

Will Samsung fix this issue?

SebaRVR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here. I tried deleting the cache and the app data. I reinstalled the app. I spoke with Samsung support and they did the same remotely. No fix. They only said to contact WhatsApp support. Sadly, I'm waiting for the new Pixel and iPhone releases.

0 Likes
userleCupFmkSV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue on S21 Ultra...

0 Likes
uservguj6Ip42X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I contacted Samsung many times regading same issue on s24+ , useless. 

If samsung will keep same level of support team, I guess the will end losing many customers including me. 

They don't want to understand that heappens only with Samsung users, you have to resolve it not whatsapp. 

Or maybe contact each other to find out, but to leave us lost I guess your losing us soon.

salamabusaleh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same thing with my S23. I tried it on other phone moto phone. It is working fine. This issue is only with Samsung phones

SebaRVR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Absolutely, it is a Samsung issue. Sadly, Samsung is not doing anything for its customers.

0 Likes
Keyalor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

S24 Ultra, same issue, looks like neither company will fix this. So far the only work arround is to keep the power button press while listening, this keeps the screen on, but the audio wont stop. A shame that has been months and no fix on sight. 

Sajidm17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Facing same issue for last few weeks on SAMSUNG Galaxy s20plus 5g

ChorizoBlanco
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My girlfriend has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro+ and the same thing happens to her, I also got this issue in my s23+. Sounds like an Android version issue, but this has been going since the beginning of this year...

0 Likes
nlcharrua
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

It happens to me also, in Samsung S24, not only in whatsapp but also in music player app I have installed , so definetly is NOT an issue with whatsapp. Is very annoying

0 Likes
uservguj6Ip42X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I got my S24+ and same issue. The bigger issue is Samsung Support that is blaming whatsapp and doesn't want to understand that only Samsung having this peoblem. After dealing with Samsung support many times I decided to move away from Samsung on my next purchase. 

0 Likes