Original topic:

Wi-Fi Calling UNAVAILABLE

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Warren0802
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have done countless troubleshooting tips to fix.  I changed carriers from Verizon to Visible (updated SIM card).  I have wiped the partition clean (via laptop because of fail setup wizard error).  The Wi-Fi calling option is no longer present on my S23 Ultra anywhere and I can no longer receive or make calls downstairs in my home.  When the Wi-Fi feature was available there were no issues.  My location is on. Earthquake alert is on.  Emergency Location Service is on.  Google location accuracy is on.  Google location history is off.  Google location sharing is off.  Precise location is off.

How do I turn on Wi-Fi calling after completing the recommended troubleshooting described above?  

7 Replies
Budtaster
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe that service isn't available to your provider
Warren0802
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Visible made it available this morning and asked me to reset. Upon reset, the feature is still not present.
0 Likes
Budtaster
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe try and reboot your phone
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Warren0802 Does you phone still have the Verizon splash screen when you boot the phone? If so, it still has Verizon firmware installed. But since you are no longer on Verizon, the Wifi calling option isn't appearing. 

A possible option would be to reflash your phone with Visible firmware. Visible should be able to help you with that. Flashing it with unlocked firmware could also work. 

Warren0802
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I did a factory reset when still with Verizon and that did not help either.  

There is no Verizon splash screen when booting.  

Another note, this is an unlocked S23 Ultra Global (I can use the phone internationally, if necessary).  I live and work in the United States and have not traveled overseas with this phone.

0 Likes
Mordech0220
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue, too. I'm still on verizon's network. Anyone with an effective solution for this?
0 Likes
Warren0802
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@Mordech0220 I'm on Visible and they said they turned on wi-fi calling.  The community appears to be stumped.  When this problem started I thought it might have been the Verizon SIM Card.  So, I switched from Verizon prepaid to Visible and changed the SIM card.  Still, the Wi-Fi calling option was nonexistent.  I contacted Visible and they indicated that Wi-Fi calling was on. 

Then, I communicated with Samsung support and they requested that I go to a certified repair store to have the phone looked at after a complete factory reset (huge pain to reset all your apps).  The repair store suggested a replacement because they also could not find the issue.  I recently contacted Samsung support again and they suggested restarting the phone in safe mode to figure out if it was an app that disabled the Wi-Fi calling feature.  No luck.  I have an international phone and Samsung US told me to contact the country the phone was purchased in.  I live in the US, this phone is an unlocked S23 Ultra with global capabilities that I purchased in New York.  I uninstalled anything related to Singtel (Singapore's main carrier I assume).  I communicated with Samsung Singapore and they will only support products bought in Singapore.  

Now, I am back to square one.  Samsung is offering a decent trade-in amount, but the S22 also had these unresolved quirks related to the Android operating system.  I want to be loyal because I refuse to bow to the Apple overlords, but this is starting to become a nuisance.  Any pics or vids from Apple users are distorted because Apple is "Apple-ing" by trying to force their products on everyone.  Something about Apple will only send SMS and won't revert to RCS for Android OS.  Another issue for another day.

I wish I had an answer for you and a resolution, but I think this problem started with the Android 14 update and Samsung is caught in the middle.  A search revealed its occurring on Pixel, Moto G, etc. with the Android 14 system update.  I'm sure the developers are trying to figure it out, but a straight answer would be nice.

0 Likes