JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WiFi Calling not working

(Topic created: 10-19-2023 01:58 PM)
userqZqJkz0W4d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Since I live in a rural area I've had a problem with my S23 using WiFi calling at home, and I see a LOT of people here have the same problem. It works . . . sometimes. My provider DOES provide WiFi calling and it worked flawlessly on my Note 10, and when I took it to U.S. Cellular they replaced the eSim where it worked for about a week . . . and then stopped. Since this is the first phone I ever used with an eSim instead of a SIM card, I'm sure that's what's causing it. My WiFi connection works great for everything else except for calling. Has anyone found a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userqZqJkz0W4d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My reply shared a link to a similar question and that seemed to fix it.

1. Turn phone off
  2. Turn back on while simultaneously holding power & volume up buttons.
  3. Use volume button to select "Clear cache partition" and press power button for entry.
  4. Use volume button to select "Repair Apps" and press power button for entry.
  5. Phone automatically reboots to "Optimizing Apps" screen.

View solution in context

10 Replies
peaches74JM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
This is my issue also wi fi inot working.
0 Likes
Solution
userqZqJkz0W4d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My reply shared a link to a similar question and that seemed to fix it.

1. Turn phone off
  2. Turn back on while simultaneously holding power & volume up buttons.
  3. Use volume button to select "Clear cache partition" and press power button for entry.
  4. Use volume button to select "Repair Apps" and press power button for entry.
  5. Phone automatically reboots to "Optimizing Apps" screen.
adre472
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This fixed the problem on my phone. Thanks so much!

0 Likes
cpt00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Have you find the solution, the wifi calling always drop since Android 14 update on the S23.

did reset network setting, clear cache, clear data on phone app, update app, etc

0 Likes
userqZqJkz0W4d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It dropped since your Android 14 update??? Ironically, that software update finally fixed my WiFi calling!
cpt00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I live also where no cellphone signal, and on Android 13 it was up automatically when back home. 

Did the update last weekend 2023-12-16 on the s23U, and the wifi calling is always off and WONT come back automatically. So I miss tons of calls !

I'm not the only one, it starting to pop online. 
Got a security update this morning, 2023-12-20, and still the same, voWifi always drop few min after reboot. And YES it's on ''wifi calling prioritize'' 

0 Likes
Gordonmcallister
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Im having the same issue.  I live in a rural area, no cell service and after 12/16/23 My wifi calling does not work.  If I turn wifi off I occasionally get a call to go through but do not receive texts or calls otherwise.  Airplane mode on/off occasionally fixes it for a minute or two.  It's been doing this after the last update.

varunrox23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My phone samsung M33 5G also having the same issue post Android 14 update on 20th Dec 2023.  Can someone please help as i can't take any call with Wifi on anymore.

I need to go to some network place and turn wifi off and call the person back.

0 Likes
cmarcan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Had the same issue and saw somewhere else where it was stated to make sure that you location setting is enabled.  They said that in version 14 that the location setting is required to be on all the time for the wifi calling to work.  Once I enabled location and rebooted the phone the wifi calling immediately started working for me.