JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

anyone know where rotate screen went?!

(Topic created: 12-03-2023 07:53 AM)
Options
Galaxy S23
did samsung really wreck the 23 this far ahead of rolling out their newest version of what has to be a brick?

they rolled out an update that drains the battery waiting for wifi that doesn't exist, with no other options, to update: essentially making the product unusable for a HUGE number of people across the world. 

you can no longer tap & hold a suggested word to delete it from the dictionary, but it adds every single solitary typo, then selects them as autocorrects for the correctly spelled word. and it never learns. "smart" 🙄

rotate screen is gone, except on the home screen.... how often do you need to rotate your home screen? because i honestly never do, but i do need to rotate screen for video playback in order to SEE, so i guess visual impairment is something else samsung doesn't think about, so that's cool. 

i would never buy an iphone, and now it makes no sense to stick with samsung since they seem to be doing nothing but trying to push out their versions of iphone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Press the button that says "portrait", it is the rotation lock toggle that is currently indicating you are locked in portrait mode.
Considering you are still using OneUI5 based on the UI, this has nothing to do with the pending update.
Samsung also didn't lock the update to wifi only, your carrier did. Some carriers such at at&t and various small regional carriers do not allow for such large downloads over the network.

View solution in context

5 Replies
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Auto rotate1701623511150.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
auto what?1701624316047.jpg1701624316061.jpg1701624316076.jpg1701624316090.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Press the button that says "portrait", it is the rotation lock toggle that is currently indicating you are locked in portrait mode.
Considering you are still using OneUI5 based on the UI, this has nothing to do with the pending update.
Samsung also didn't lock the update to wifi only, your carrier did. Some carriers such at at&t and various small regional carriers do not allow for such large downloads over the network.
Options
Galaxy S23
that worked thank you. also, oh great, another reason to be mad about verizon. thanks for the info... it's funny samsung had no idea about the portrait thing or why the rotate icon was gone. it's dumb to make the icon different for the button depending on whether it's on or not. and that it's just a coincidence these settings changed on their own at the same time the update started trying 😭
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
I read through the thread and see the initial posters answer was answered successfully.

While the thread is open. I did want to comment about a very useful appplication. I've been using it for many years. It has functionality that can be quite useful.

Rotation Control Pro:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.snowlife01.android.rotationcontrolpro

Thank you!
0 Likes