JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Native" Video call

(Topic created: 02-26-2023 11:10 AM)
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
In the S22Ultra when you made a call in the panel I had the option to make video calls, now I don't hace the option. I'm with T-Mobile, is carrier thing or something in the settings? 
In the S22Ultra in the regular call I can change to video call in the same call. 

Now the only option is Google Meet?

Thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
I called T-mobile several hours ago and the function is if you buy the cell phone at T-mobile, being Unlocked does not bring that option.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
When you already made the call? Before making the call it gives me 2 options in the contacts either meet or video.
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Some time ago when I had a carrier branded Samsung phone, the "native" video calling was available. Then I moved to an unlocked version of Samsung phones and that feature is grayed out. It is possible that Samsung or carrier removed the feature so people would use Google Duo or the newly renamed Meet.

I own Pixel 7 and believe(made a few calls couple of months ago) I can natively video call users of other pixel devices.

Solution
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
I called T-mobile several hours ago and the function is if you buy the cell phone at T-mobile, being Unlocked does not bring that option.
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
They probably don't want to guarantee if the device is not carrier branded.

0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Exactly
0 Likes