Original topic:

4 Months later and still no NFC fix

(Topic created: 06-10-2024 03:54 AM)
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
 Frustrated that four months later Samsung still hasn't fixed their NFC issue related to BMW wireless chargers. I think what's most frustrating is the only answer I get is that "the research team is looking in to it." I'm guess it's kind of a niche issue since most BMW owners seem to have iPhones. Apple has this exact same issue when the iPhone 15 came out but they were able to fix the issue in a month. Sigh... Rant over. 
5 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Apple did not fix the issue for phones with nfc bricked by bmw wireless charging, iOS 17.1.1. prevents it from occurring in the first place (presumably through some thermal management magic) but it does *not* fix iphones with broken nfc, nor can they. Samsung is in the same position. The NFC radio is being physically damaged by these wireless chargers and Apple was replacing them under Apple care even after 17.1.1 was issued. I would assume that if your s24 is under warranty or you purchased a protection program, your phone would be covered under that and can be replaced. Frankly, BMW should be paying for it as this appears to have been caused by them using cheap, outdated wireless chargers that drastically overheated the phones.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Not sure why you are expecting Samsung to fix your BMW....

0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not. I'm asking Samsung to fix their software. Their Diagnostic tool says the NFC module is working normal but I'm unable to toggle it on. Its presumably not turning on because there IS something wrong with the NFC module in which case the diagnostic tool is unable to detect that fault. So Samsung again has work to do.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Sounds to me like the BMW may have damaged your device, based on what you and others are saying about this, and how it relates to Apple devices.  That being the case would mean that Samsung is NOT liable for the damages to your device.  Try taking it to a Samsung Authorized service center, and have them give it a once over.  They may be able to get it repaired for you. 

The NFC on my device works perfectly, so again, not sure why you think Samsung caused or is liable for repairing your device.

0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
No where did I say thy were liable for damages or even at fault for my issue. Im asking them to work with their partner (BMW) to mitigate this issue like their chief competitor (apple) has already done. Mitigation of this issue would require fixing their software.
0 Likes