Original topic:

AI Services Incorrectly Assumes UK English Grammar - No Optimisation Option

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Sean_Read
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I’ve been encountering an issue with the AI services on my Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. Whenever I use the AI features for grammar correction, it always assumes UK English grammar as the default. Unfortunately, there’s no option to optimise or switch between different English versions, such as US or UK English.

This limitation makes the feature quite impractical for users like myself who need flexibility in grammar correction. Currently, the service is only useful if you’re working with US English, which isn’t ideal for non-US users.

Is there a solution for this, or are there plans to introduce an option to select the preferred version of English grammar in the AI settings?

I’d really appreciate any guidance or feedback on how to resolve this issue.

5 Replies
WhiteShack
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
In the prompt you'll have to ask it to write in English UK, that's the only way to use it that way.

Also, Google owns Gemini AI and Android, Samsung is merely providing us with the way the phone / UI looks.
0 Likes
Sean_Read
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Just to clarify, the AI functions in the keyboard and related services are actually Samsung's, not Google's. It seems there might be some confusion here. If you're not aware of this, I’d recommend looking into it before making assumptions. That’s why I’m raising this concern specifically in the Samsung community.

Thanks for your understanding!

meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
First I heard of language being changed like that may try submit 3in support
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
May help in settings than general management think is language option
0 Likes
Sean_Read
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

The general language settings have no impact when messages are processed through Samsung's LLM. Even with the new Composer add-on from the Fold Z, which allows you to prompt what you want, I still get words like "analyze" and "customize." By the time I've corrected these Americanisms, it would have been quicker to type it by hand, making it feel more like a gimmick than a time-saving feature.