JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Accessibility select to speak on S24U?

(Topic created: Thursday)
xkhx
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Coming from S20 Plus to the S24 Ultra. I use Select to Speak very often bc when it comes to trying to read long paragraphs, itll start to make my eyes blurry and I get lost in the sentences. 
That feature seems to not be anywhere on the new S24 Ultra. Im actually pretty upset over this and I don't know what to do. Why would they take away helpful features?! 

If someone happened to know where it is, maybe called something else, please please let me know.

Heres a picture of where it is on my old phone. 

Edit
Okay so I keep adding the picture and it just doesn't show up? I'm about to just return this and stick with my S20.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Spoken assistance settings will make it easy for you to type and listen to videos. There are multiple options to choose from, such as turning on Bixby Vision and hearing words read aloud to you. Your phone can read text aloud to you while youā€™re typing. You can also enable audio descriptions when watching videos, or use various Bixby Vision options with the Camera app. 

Navigate to and open Settings, then tap Accessibility, and then tap Spoken assistance. The following options will be available:

Speak keyboard input aloud: Your phone will read characters and words to you. You can select from Characters, Words, or Words and characters, as well as enable an accessibility shortcut. To hear deleted characters, tap the switch next to Read deleted characters aloud. To hear the phonetic alphabet instead of a letter name when your phone reads letters, tap the switch next to Phonetic alphabet.

Audio description: Automatically select the audio soundtrack with an audio description when watching videos. This will only be selected if it is available.

Bixby Vision for accessibility: Use different Bixby Vision features with the Camera app. You can enable Scene describer, Object identifier, Text reader, and Color detector. Tap Open Bixby Vision to be taken to the Bixby Vision screen in the Camera app.

Voice Label: Use NFC tags to write voice recordings. You will need to download Voice Recorder to use Voice Label; tap Voice Label, and then tap Download when prompted.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Spoken assistance settings will make it easy for you to type and listen to videos. There are multiple options to choose from, such as turning on Bixby Vision and hearing words read aloud to you. Your phone can read text aloud to you while youā€™re typing. You can also enable audio descriptions when watching videos, or use various Bixby Vision options with the Camera app. 

Navigate to and open Settings, then tap Accessibility, and then tap Spoken assistance. The following options will be available:

Speak keyboard input aloud: Your phone will read characters and words to you. You can select from Characters, Words, or Words and characters, as well as enable an accessibility shortcut. To hear deleted characters, tap the switch next to Read deleted characters aloud. To hear the phonetic alphabet instead of a letter name when your phone reads letters, tap the switch next to Phonetic alphabet.

Audio description: Automatically select the audio soundtrack with an audio description when watching videos. This will only be selected if it is available.

Bixby Vision for accessibility: Use different Bixby Vision features with the Camera app. You can enable Scene describer, Object identifier, Text reader, and Color detector. Tap Open Bixby Vision to be taken to the Bixby Vision screen in the Camera app.

Voice Label: Use NFC tags to write voice recordings. You will need to download Voice Recorder to use Voice Label; tap Voice Label, and then tap Download when prompted.

0 Likes
xkhx
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I appreciate the time you took to put all that out but i hate to say that unfortunately, I've already been through all of those options.
What exactly I'm looking for is when ever I have any text at all on my screen, I'd be able to select specific parts of that text and it would be read outloud. ONLY the section I select and nothing more. That's what I need and it used to be called "select to speak" under "Advanced Setting" which is under "Accessibility".
I think if I understand correctly, the year before this one, S23 Ultra has the feature that my S20 Plus had. But it's looking like Samsung took away this feature from the new S24 Ultra. And if that's the case, then I'm fairly upset over it.
Nonetheless, thank you for taking the time to read and respond to me.
0 Likes