Original topic:

Advanced video settings

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 06:57 PM)
ChadwickS24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone have any experience using the hevc vs h.264 settings? Is 1 option clearly better than another?
6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
I use HEVC "prioritize video quality" so I can enable HDR10+ and the high bitrate video options.
ChadwickS24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Do the hdr10 and high bit rate options really make a big difference?
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
For me, it's a noticeable difference. These types of questions about picture quality tend to be highly subjective and will change depending on your environment. In the end, you should choose the option that works best for you and your needs. If you're worried about compatibiliy, the older H.264 option is your best bet. Want to save space? Use the HEVC "Prioritize saving space" option. Although this post is a bit old, and from the Indian Samsung Community, I feel it does a decent job explaining the differences:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/CamCyclopedia/New-Recording-Mode-HEVC-encoding/ba-p/13831553
ChadwickS24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I appreciate the info
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes...HEVC (aka h.265) has smaller file sizes and works better (for me at least) when I'm editing video recorded at 1080p 60fps via apps on my phone. I use inshot paid version and I can barely scroll video if I use H.264. With HEVC, everything works smooth like butter!
ChadwickS24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I appreciate it