Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 04:02 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
134 Replies
IMA2JRU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have similar issue with my phone. I have a 2019 buick encore and my Samsung A14 works fine, but bought a Samsung A15 and Android auto won't work. Samsung support is a joke no help at all.
0 Likes
Members_k3fmTMf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue, and I wasted 2 hours trying to get through to Customer Service if they can be called that.

There was something wrong with the USB port as I troubleshot it to the Nth degree, and I couldn't get through the thick skull of the tech that I was saddled with that it wasn't my cable but the phone. I had done everything possible to diagnose it, and it finally sunk in after I wrote a detailed explanation after the fourth time I texted him with brief one-liners about the issue.

At the end of the two hours, I was passed over to the local facility to make an appointment to have it looked over, and I had to wait two days to get there. I will go there tomorrow to have a Samsung tech look at my phone. The process of getting that appointment I endured to get that appointment over the web was convoluted.

After I have had this S24 phone for a few years, my fourth one, I will shop for a different cell phone manufacturer because Samsung has gone over the edge into corporate ideocracy to throw technology that doesn't aid the customer but infuriates them.

My issue is the port, whether the chipset failed or the firmware is an issue, possibly from an update I performed a week earlier.

0 Likes
Nazarr474
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
AA on a phone like S24 Ultra not working is insulting and at a price of 1200 and above there is no reason for these discussions. I had tried 2 S24 ultra and AA did not work .Returned them went with a reliable device Apple.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

My guess is the car needs a software update to handle the newer phone OS. Seems like you might be blaming the phone for the auto maker's problem.

dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Exactly.  Cars with head units and bluetooth stacks years old, but blame the phone.  Blame the auto manufacturer who doesn't update their stuff after release.  Bluetooth is standard, but is implemented differently by every device maker.  Who's more likely to be at fault?  Samsung which has to ensure compatibility across hundreds or thousands of bluetooth devices, or the auto maker that hasn't updated its head units or bluetooth stacks in years?

uservt71jNvRa6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My car is a 2024 Honda Crv and AA just stopped working out of nowhere. System is up to date on car and devices. It wont connect wirelessly or via usb. 

0 Likes
kacey1022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Just got the S24 Ultra. It's paired to my car no problem for calls and texts but I can't get any audio to play no matter what app I try to use - GPS, Spotify, kids radio app, etc. I've tried resetting, unpairing and pairing again, nothing is working. Bluetooth worked fine to sync Oura ring. Help! I have a 5 hour drive in two days and need this to work!
ChuckL
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
In your car & on your phone, you have allow music to be played. Check the settings on both.
0 Likes
kacey1022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, already checked that.
0 Likes
boomchickapop
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Check the volume. Or what I have had to do too. Unpair from home, repair and then go thru your settings on your radio till you get back round to bt audio.
0 Likes