Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 02:03 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
134 Replies
kacey1022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try all that but I'll try again.
0 Likes
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You may need to check with your car dealer for what kind of software your car uses...eg. not all cars are compatible with Android System Software and still uses IPhone...you need to use the software on your S24U that is compatible with your car
kacey1022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for this suggestion. I'll look into it. It worked fine with my Galaxy S21 so it seems weird that it wouldn't be compatible anymore.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

When the phone is connected to the car, go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone and select the settings icon for the car.  Are the sliders for both "Calls" and "Audio" turned on?

kacey1022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
They are! I'm going to go through the whole unpairing and pairing again and check all the permissions from my apps to make sure they are sending out audio and hopefully something will work there. I've never had this much trouble hooking up to my car!
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I know it's basic, but make sure the phone is being paired for both calls and audio by the car and the phone.  Someone else had an issue a month or two back where calls were fine but no audio for music.  It turned out the phone was paired (on the car) for handsfree calling only and not as an audio/multimedia device. 

Snotflicker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello I have a galaxy 24+ and I have the same issue... Have you resolved this
0 Likes
Pacey77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same as me, my s20 worked fine, my 24+ doesn't play music, calls are fine just no music.

0 Likes
Snotflicker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually got it to work... My car has an aftermarket radio.. Alpine... I did a reset on the radio and tried it again and it worked.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

What kind of car/head unit is it?  Did you delete all other paired devices from the car?  

Is there a USB connection in the car?  Did you try it with a cable?