JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android auto and music app?

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 01:58 PM)
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Does Android auto not support the native Samsung music app? I didnt see it in the list or the launcher options. When I play manually on the phone also I can't change the tracks using the steering wheel controls. Am I missing something or do I really need a 3rd party music app? 

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

AA does support Samsung Music.  Easiest thing to do is to uninstall Samsung Music from the phone and install the version from the Google Play Store.  It will show up right away in the "Customize Launcher" section of Android Auto once you do that.

Screenshot_20240226_174528_Android Auto.jpg

View solution in context

4 Replies
Galaxy4_vr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Currently, android Auto supports YouTube music, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon music and some others but not the native Samsung music player, I recommend YouTube music it holds music, podcasts in one, and will sync acrossed any device signed in with your Google account
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

This is not correct.  Samsung Music works with Android Auto, you just need to install the app from the Google Play Store.

Solution
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

AA does support Samsung Music.  Easiest thing to do is to uninstall Samsung Music from the phone and install the version from the Google Play Store.  It will show up right away in the "Customize Launcher" section of Android Auto once you do that.

Screenshot_20240226_174528_Android Auto.jpg

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks!! Now I have to re-add my playlists ugh. Thanks a lot Google lol