Original topic:

Anyone else get The change RCS color chat bubble update today?

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 01:34 PM)
Options
Galaxy S24
We can now make iPhone's bubbles any color that we feel like! Google just rolled out a super exclusive beta update that gives us the ability to choose bubble colors for each individual chat (has to be an RCS chat, SMS obviously you can't change). We can make them green bubbles to us if we want, or purple or red or green there's around nine colors I think I took screenshot and I just got the update from the Google Play Store on Google messaging beta program that I've been a part of for years. The update just rolled out to my S24 Ultra like 15 minutes ago but my S23 Ultra that is on the same account and is also running one UI 6.1 did not get the color changing bubble RCS update. I read an article on Tom's guide earlier about it being extremely beta right now, that only a select few devices are getting a test roll out. It must be an RCS chat and you open the chat with the person or people, tap there details up in the top right and you'll see a new option called "change bubble color" from there you can see my screenshot and you just pick for each chat a customized bubble color it's pretty cool. 

17 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
You should be able to to get the APK from apkmirror now (make sure you select the latest beta, not latest stable release) and it should be enabled if your phone meets the criteria!
0 Likes
userBwl1a9WGum
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My wife and I aren't beta testers, and we got it on our S23U and S24+.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah I'm finding out that it's more based on random selection but still not being turned on for everyone. That's pretty strange you don't have messages beta but have it... It's definitely still a beta feature, once it's stable, everyone gets it in an app update. My Google feed has been serving me a bunch of misinformation today, from typically reliable sources too. Great though, they have been trying to make this happen for 2 years so I hope the rollout is fast at least. It seems to be from what all you guys are telling me.
0 Likes
userBwl1a9WGum
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the clarification. Tom's guide and some others had it wrong this morning
0 Likes
eciv2006
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The crazy thing is my Z Fold 4 has the color changing option but my S24U doesn't. They're both on rcs and on the beta version on Google messages smh.
0 Likes
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm in the beta and don't see this option šŸ˜©
0 Likes
ARandomSamsungUser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
What I am thinking about doing with this is, when the iPhone gets RCS, I am going to set the iPhone bubbles as green and keep android rcs blue.
0 Likes