Original topic:

Bixby Quick Commands is messing up AGAIN!!!

(Topic created: 03-21-2024 06:59 PM)
RFDigitalArt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I own a S24 Ultra
Even after deleting & re-adding my Bixby Quick Commands where I say "I'm leaving" and it's supposed to raise my screen brightness to 89%, it DOESN'T!!! just incrementally 10%, so I say " Raise my screen brightness TO 89%" or "Raise my screen brightness 89%", it STILL DOESN'T!!! Bixby also did it with my Galaxy Note 10+ in August 2023 and the suggestion I received fixed it but it's happing AGAIN!!!.....WHAT IS GOING ON?!!!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't think Bixby understands the commands "raise" or "lower". You need to tell it to "set" the brightness instead. Volume also works this way.

My Bixby understands me when I say the command this way (I also use it this way in a couple of Quick Commands):

"Set brightness to 10%."
"Set brightness at 89%."

(You can say "at" or "to" - Bixby doesn't seem to care which one you use)

After playing around with Bixby, I discovered that you can simply tell it things like the following and it will still understand.

"Brightness 50%"
"Volume 80%"
0 Likes
RFDigitalArt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Bixby Quick Commands used to understand "raise" or "lower" because that's how I always did it with my Galaxy Note 10+, then all of a sudden it changed so maybe Samsung is changing their parameters on how Bixby interacts, which is stupid if they want to say Bixby is smart.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
After more experimentation, I've found that Bixby does understand "raise" and "lower" but you have to use the right syntax.

"Raise volume by 20%"
"Lower brightness by 45%"

Note that "raise/lower brightness BY x%" is not the same thing as "set brightness AT x%" and will give you different results.
0 Likes