Original topic:

Bluetooth Codecs Request/Feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 07:11 AM)
userlWVGWLurOv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Please stop constraining Bluetooth codec access. Am completely shocked my new S24 can't use aptx adaptive. APTx lossless also needs to be added. Restricting any of this because of your own Samsung codec strikes as the kind of move that prevents from wanting to use apple products. Please unlock Codecs that the Qualcomm chip s built to support. 

25 Replies
Members_CIuZ79t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I will probably start buying other phones. I was looking at the S24 series this year hoping this nonsense is resolved. Sadly, someone at Samsung decided it would be a great idea to mimic Apple in the aspect of BT codec restriction (as usual, picking up the worst things) And let me say, it was not a very clever move. Every year I see thousands of people who hate this decision and all these people are simply ignored. Unlike, Apple Samsung Galaxy phones are built on Android and if Samsung artificially restricts their codec support, other Android phone manufacturers are not. Samsung has its own BT audio codec and tries to push it, but the problem is that Samsung codec is restricted only to their own TWS/BT headphones, which can't compete with truly high-end options on the market (e.g. Noble, Dali, Final, etc.). I own Galaxy Buds Pro 1/2 and while they are not that bad, but nowhere even close to my Noble Fokus Mystique. I've been using Galaxy phones since S2, but probably finally it is time to consider something else. Samsung more and more reminds me of Nokia with its stagnation to innovate and make the right decisions before it was down by Android/iOS phone manufacturers.

YikesSamsung
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

100% agree.
It took me until yesterday before finally upgrading to the S24 Ultra from my S10 because I was still annoyed at every company following Apple's $cam of forcing customers to buy over-priced wireless earbuds they don't want, just to have crappy compressed/trans-coded Bluetooth audio.

The fact that Samsung expects me to pony up for their earbuds for improved quality with their special codec because they arbitrarily decided to disable everything decent supported by Qualcomm is disgusting. šŸ˜”

What kind of a "flagship phone" purposely disables functionality found on phones that cost half the price??
Everyone involved in this insulting decision should be tarred, feathered, and fired...

(One of the main reasons I loved LG phones so much was the Quad-DAC and headphone amp, so I ordered a  dual-CS43131 DAC adapter/amp for proper DSD256, MQA, PCM32bit/384kHz sound with the ability to power professional high-impedance headphones.)

rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Hoping for APTX HD and LL since S21U. They are also taking CR3 out of the supported image file list that is there since Android 11.

Jarai
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Please enable snapdragon sound! WHAT ARE YOU DOING SAMSUNG?
Zannot427
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It's completely ridiculous for a top of the line flagship to not have such features that phones costing a fraction of the price do.

I just upgraded from a mid range xiaomi fully expecting such basic features to be available and it's completely shocking that it's not a thing when I got it

rxonmymind
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Why are they doing this? Some people have $5k headphones that don't support their bluetooth code. Why are they throttling the phone? 

Shaikh IN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, you are absolutely right. Samsung should unlock Bluetooth codecs like aptX Adaptive and aptX Lossless, which are supported by Qualcomm chips, to enhance the user experience and avoid limiting consumer choice.

portoparasas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Just find out now, after buying Fiio BTR15, specifically for Qualcomm codecs! SAMSUNG, this is just nonsense. Please enable aptX Adaptive codec from Qualcomm! Else, I will have to search for another brands which don't make this nonsense.

Jpkcirdnuk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I bought a new pair of Ultrasone 880s ($500 headphones) with the Sirius Bluetooth adapter that cost an extra $100 that uses AptX audio codec, and I cant even enable it in the Galaxy S24 Ultra settings. For such a premium phone from Samsung, why can't it support Qualcomm AptX codec which should be universal on most devices these days???