Original topic:

Calendar syncing with Office 365/Exchange not reliable

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 07:34 PM)
userqbZOWko8Ng
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had many generations of Android phones, mostly Samsung (haven't left since the S7 Edge), most recently I upgraded from the S21 Ultra to the S24 Ultra. Never before have my phones not been able to reliably sync with my Exchange/Office 365 calendars. Something is broken in the S24's OS or base app suite.

I noticed as soon as I setup my S24 Ultra that when I added my Exchange/Office 365 Business accounts to the Google accounts list, that calendar entries came through:
1. Very slowly (like up to 2 DAYS to show up on my phone)
2. Only some events came through, not all

Both of the above happened the same whether I viewed my calendars from the Samsung calendar app OR the Google calendar app. So, it's definitely something with calendar storage.

I got frustrated and installed the Outlook app to have it sync my calendar entries from my exchange accounts, and that worked for a month or so. Then, one day I woke up and suddenly calendar events were starting to go missing again (they were fine on other devices, Mac, and browser, just missing on my S24).

I spent a couple hours frustratingly trying different things. I ended up uninstalling Outlook (now that I was sure this wasn't a Google calendar app issue, but some bug in the underlying calendar storage) and deleting my Exchange accounts from my phone entirely and recreating them. This time, it took about a day to sync my calendars but everything came through. Great! And now today, a few weeks later, I went to check my calendar and AGAIN, most (but not all!) of the entries have just gone missing from my phone, even though they're present on all of my other devices and web.

Samsung, please identify and fix this issue ASAP. I live by my phone's calendar (I'm in meetings 8-10 hours per day) and in the current state, I simple can't trust my calendar which makes my shiny new S24 Ultra useless, and embarrassing when I miss meetings.

Thanks,
-R

2 Replies
Melhechi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have an S24 Ultra and I'm having the same issue that you described.

I have tried different settings but with no vail. It never works properly, sometimes it syncs an event in less than 10 seconds, sometimes it take 2 days, other times it doesn't appear. Something is not right.

userOhq9SXAtnv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same issue with my S22. Was thinking it might help with an upgrade to the S24, but based on your feedback it doesn't seem like that's the case. It's extremely frustrating.
0 Likes