Original topic:

Cant Acces Visual Voicemail from Phone App

(Topic created: 04-29-2024 11:15 AM)
userDuTpYOoU0U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just upgraded to the S4 and noticed that I cannot access Visualvoice mail from the phone app. On my last phone, the S21, when I oppened the phone app to recent calls it showed missed calls and voicemails in the list. I use to be able to tap on voice call in the list with the voicemail symbol in front of it and visual voicemail would open instantly. Also similarly on my S21 when I opened dial keypad to dial a number. There were 2 icons. The visual voicemail icon was on the bottom left and the google meet icon on the lower right. I could access voicemail by tapping the icon from the dial keypad. This option is also not present on the S24. Whenever I get a voicemail now I have to leave the phone app and open the voicemail app separately. Its a bit annoying not having this convenience anymore. 

10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@userDuTpYOoU0U Are both phones carrier models? Or is the S24 an unlocked model?

0 Likes
userDuTpYOoU0U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The S21 I had was AT&T. The S24 I have now is unlocked.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@userDuTpYOoU0U That explains the different experience that you are seeing. On your S21, the AT&T firmware integrated their solutions to provide that experience.

The unlocked experience on the S24 is different. 

0 Likes
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
S24 unlocked doesn't have this feature.
LadyGray4110
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes you can not use Samsung's Visual voicemail app. You can check with your carrier and they can provide an app. Most likely there will be a fee. I did try Live Caption but I didn't care for it. If you have some voice mails not deleted, Live Caption in Settings could be an alternative to try out.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@LadyGray4110 I use Google Voice. No charge. Sign up for a Google Voice number and then set that as the voicemail number on your phone. Also set call forwarding and unavailable to that number. Google Voice provides you visual voicemail and a transcription. 

0 Likes
LadyGray4110
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It asked me to port my phone number over and when I do, then my carrier account will be closed.....err...not giving up my carrier. I didn't get an option to get a separate number for GV but I will look into it later. I uninstalled it for now. But I can always pay my carrier a small fee for visual voice mail...just don't want to at this point... Can live without it for now as I don't need any password to access my messages for playback. I like T-Mobile at this point. Thanks for the suggestion and I'll try later.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
You don't port your number over to Google voice. Instead you select from one of the numbers that they offer you.
0 Likes
NanaBear1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Cannot access my password. Denies it every time. Now what. I Like the new phone but that I don't understand.
0 Likes