JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Color Pixelation Error in Video Recordings

(Topic created: 03-05-2024 01:55 PM)
FowlAntics
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having a color/pixelation issue on my S24 Ultra when recording in FHD60 with HVEC and HDR10+ enabled. Here are two screen shots from two separate videos I have taken.  The pink pixelation surrounding the subject you see appears in the videos and kind of streaks across the screen for a half a second or so and then dissipates.. Has anyone seen this and is it a setting I can change or does this require an update from Samsung?

Edit: I am not sure if the pictures attached here came over in high enough quality to see the issue so here are links to the images uploaded on another site.

https://postimg.cc/w3Y5rCNr

https://postimg.cc/KRntDRVs

1000045999.jpg

1000046000.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello FowlAntics,

Welcome to the Samsung Community. Thank you so much for posting. We understand you have sound a error the the color pixelation in video recordings. Please, submit an error report on Samsung Members app. 

Go to Samsung Members > Support > Send feedback > Error Reports 

This  will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse. 
Thank you for your feedback. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
FowlAntics
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have identified the problem.  After recording a subject with fast motion (quickly waving arms around with bright color jacket) between both HVEC mode and H.264 I have found that the HVEC recording will lag behind on the pixelation reading and leave erroneous pinkish colors around the moving object.  This doesn't happen in the H.264 recording.  Not sure if Samsung knows about it but hopefully they figure it out and can fix it!

Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello FowlAntics,

Welcome to the Samsung Community. Thank you so much for posting. We understand you have sound a error the the color pixelation in video recordings. Please, submit an error report on Samsung Members app. 

Go to Samsung Members > Support > Send feedback > Error Reports 

This  will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse. 
Thank you for your feedback.