JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 04:30 AM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!
106 Replies
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You now need to enable this feature now too change individual app sounds
https://youtube.com/shorts/8XFajaWrnNs?si=1UFm9U1UffBrCLeX

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you, Shelli and Gary. I finally upgraded from my s10 so I'm lost, lol
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung needs to add an option to upload a custom sound notification. The S24 Ultra has an option to upload a custom ringtone but not notification sound. Please add. 
Options
Galaxy S24
I figured it out. Move the sound file to internal storage > Notifications. I out a MP3 in there to start with and it didn't work, I changed the file to a M4A extension and it worked.
Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Save it directly to media folder, and when you go to sounds, it'll be available as a custom notification.
goetiafanboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I click the "Configure in Message" button and it just takes me in an endless loop but doesn't show me the general notifications setting to change sounds.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

You now need to enable this feature
https://youtube.com/shorts/8XFajaWrnNs?si=1UFm9U1UffBrCLeX

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

goetiafanboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you so much
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

Your welcome can you please mark the post as solved on mobile you click the 3 dots in the comment 

and Thanks for being a Samsung Member 

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
In Google messages, tap on a contact, details, sound, pick a text tone!1707188158673.jpg1707188158696.jpg