Original topic:

Dimming when editing photos

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 03:54 PM)
abcdefGranger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I've noticed a recurring issue where the screen dims when I enter photo editing. This is a hefty issue as I am not seeing images accurately when editing. As soon as editing is done, the screen returns to normal.

Lighting conditions do not change, nor does the location of the dimming bar.  I am indoors in a controlled setting.

For example, I noticed a picture was too bright and wanted to dim it.  When I opened editing, the screen dimmed, and ironically the picture was not as bright, ironically at the level I wanted. However, this meant that to retain it I would need to lower the brightness too much. Upon closing, the screen would brighten, and I'd hope my image was edited well.

This has been happening for weeks. 

6 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
I think you might refer to 'Super HDR' feature.

If you turn this feature off in the Gallery settings, the dimming screen or brightening screen will be gone.
0 Likes
abcdefGranger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
That seems to have done it. Such strange functionality, as it only appears on editing and fully alters the appearance vs. a "preview" approach.
0 Likes
userHBSMoEi8Eb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

There are alot more editing tools in My Files when picking an image to edit. Or am I wrong?

sdr
0 Likes
technonewbie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi, I'm having the same issue with videos changing colour and looking awful when using the videos in other apps such as WhatsApp and Inshot  and trying to edit in google photos. I've looked in my settings in gallery but can't find that super HDR to turn off. I have a S20 FE. If I take a screen recording of the video playing on my screen (when played just on the phone normally the colour is correct) it doesn't mess with the contrast and saturation - its something to do with the original file by I can't figure out how to stop it! It has been doing this for a few months and is driving me nuts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  

0 Likes
winterskye
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same thing happens to me. However, some remained dimmed after adding text. Very frustrating as it ruins the picture.
0 Likes
Dabuji
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I find the same thing I'm an artist so I need my photos to be accurate and when I'm editing it it looks fine and then when I save it it gets so bright that the illumination is way brighter than I had edited it to be

0 Likes