Original topic:

Disregard for users/historical settings.

(Topic created: 8 hours ago)
useryOTEywbJ9x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been using Samsung products for quite a while now and one thing seems to be very consistent, and also not very good! This is Samsung's total disregard for users when changing products, or pushing updates to current products. Time After Time After Time I have installed updates that changed my own desired characteristics, such as ringtones and or notification sounds, and now, after updating my phone from an S21+ to an s 24+ I find that link to Windows is no longer allowing notifications to be shown on my windows computer. These changes Maybe good in some areas, and for reasons that are not known to the end user, but they are also very, very annoying, and in many cases detrimental to productivity. When it takes me a full week to realize that I'm not getting notifications on my computer that I depend on coming from my phone then timely notifications that I need to respond to do not get responded to in a timely fashion. Responses to text messages that I have requested I don't see come in because my computer doesn't show them as they arrive. My only option is to disable the connection from link to Windows to phone link on my computer. Then, other advantages of having a valid phone / Computer Connection are no longer possible. For example, sharing data from one device to another very quickly. The utilities for making this connection are supposed to make things easier for the end user. Well, do more testing and make sure that that is the case before releasing a new version of the product or an update. I'm sure I speak for more Samsung users than myself when I say we're tired of this!

Oh yeah, on my tab S9 Ultra, the last three or four updates have changed the keyboard for inputting characters even after I have changed it back to what I prefer. Again, I am very, very tired of this!
2 Replies
Franktfixer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey why do you think they do that? change is necessary for the economy I mean they got to stir things up every once in awhile. change is good!!! Not! Why can't you guys just leave well enough alone as soon as we get to learn the system or a software you guys got to go and change it I mean I almost quit buying Samsung products over that **bleep** you did to the always on display it's not bright enough anymore! leave **bleep** alone!!!
0 Likes
Franktfixer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
P. S.,,, oh and while we're on the subject of change is not good, why do you guys have to keep changing the "manage your Google account" section all the time? I swear if I didn't have my mobile banking app on this phone, the s24 +, I would never let another major update happen! I mean security is important but is your phone secure if you don't know how to operate it because everything's in a different place and names have been changed and added and deleted? Oh and one more complaint. You guys did away with the SD cards and a couple months after that you, I mean Samsung, invented one of the best SD cards available! Does that make any sense to anybody out there? Thanks for letting me vent you guys have a good day
0 Likes