Original topic:

Does anyone know when the S24 update will be?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Duny
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Does anyone know when the S24 update will be? Someone knows when the S24 to 6.1.1 update will be. 

93 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Software takes testing, they are focused on making the software work for their newest device.

Self entitled people are the best
Whpl50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It's entitlement when I pay 1300 plus for a device. This is an area where Apple excels over Samsung I was on Apple for 2 years and the flagships got the updates first then they trickled down. The fold and Flip are not flagships
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
1) lmao yes they are, they are flagship priced, specced and marketed as such.
2) the 1.1 updates were literally foldable only updates, as in, they only contained features oriented around the foldable nature of the devices. Theres traditionally nothing in them for the non foldables. This year was supposed to be different but everything is all out of wack because the 7 beta got nuked and it seems to have disrupted the entire update stack.
Whpl50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
They are not flagships because of pricing they do not come with the best hardware Samsung has to offer the S24 does. They are an expensive novelty phone. The Note/Ultra is an iconic device that no one replicates or even tries. Lots of other companies have foldables
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
And add in that Apple devices get Apple software. It's not that way with Android, there's a lot of others involved in the process. Google to phone manufacturers then to carriers. This adds time.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
The .1.1 updates are only for tablets and folds, not any regular bar phone they are made to improve the big screen one ui experience.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
That was the case in the past, but now the 6.1.1 it's going to the S line also

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userw3CB5IxH8U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

yes, the update Samsung has withheld for no reason, is not a real genuine 6.1.1, it will be based on 6.1.1, taking everything from One UI 6.1.1 that can be used on S24 Ultra and merge it into One UI 6.1

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Just because Samsung has not released an official press conference stating the reason, does not mean there wasn't one.

0 Likes
JG94
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Faka just wait. What's the rush