Original topic:

Error: "Couldn't send message"

(Topic created: 08-01-2024 04:37 PM)
NYCATX_Dude
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently had a Galaxy note 10 using Consumer Cellular service. About a week ago the phone stopped letting me text photos, gifs, group texts or long texts. That was the only issue I was having. I could only send short brief texts to one person at a time. Every time it seemed to think about it, blue spinning dots, then give me a text message back stating "Couldn't send message" with options to resend, delete or edit. It also placed an orange dot with a white exclamation point inside the dot next to the text. Consumer Cellular tech support had me try all kinds of crazy stuff but ultimately they ended up telling me my phone was too old, not supported by Samsung anymore and needed to be updated. Well guess what, my brand new S24 Ultra is doing the exact same thing! Every thing else works great. **bleep**?!?! By the way, I'm still with Consumer Cellular, I switched the old sim card over to the new phone and I used the Smart Switch app with a cable to transfer everything. Any suggestions?
8 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

It's your messaging app.  If you are using Samsung messages, they are phasing out support for it. Switch to Google messages and turn on RCS chats (it should be on by default).  That should solve your problem.  I hope you didn't get rid of the note 10 if it's still functional.

0 Likes
NYCATX_Dude
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So Samsung is phasing out Samsung messages???? I absolutely hate Google and try to avoid them at all costs. I definitely don't want to use Google messenger. Do you have a link to this info?
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Search the forums here. It was was announced. If you don't want to use Google apps and services, you should dunp your Android devices.
0 Likes
NYCATX_Dude
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Was it officially announced by Samsung or just rumors? I couldn't find any mention of that specific topic anywhere on the internet except this forum.
0 Likes
NYCATX_Dude
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
šŸ™šŸ½
0 Likes
luckylake
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep, same issue. I have multiple Google accounts. Work and personal. I found out that it's best to only manage 1 on galaxy A 15. It boggs down and is a hassle. Syncing only are it worse. Prob ably going to have to du.p android. It's wasted my time and almost money. Also very easy to walware and ransom. YOUut welcome
0 Likes
Isabella Rose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

I understand how frustrating this issue must be, especially after upgrading to a new phone. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check APN Settings:

• Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
    • Ensure that the APN settings match those provided by Consumer Cellular. Incorrect APN settings can cause issues with sending MMS (photos, GIFs, group texts).
  2. Reset Network Settings:

• Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings.
    • This will reset Wi-Fi, mobile data, and Bluetooth settings. You may need to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords afterward.
  3. Update Carrier Settings:

• Sometimes, carrier settings need to be updated. Contact Consumer Cellular to check if there are any updates or specific settings required for your new device.
  4. Try a New SIM Card:

• Your old SIM card might be causing the issue. Consider getting a new SIM card from Consumer Cellular and see if that resolves the problem.
  5. Messaging App Settings:

• Open the default messaging app, go to Settings, and ensure that MMS settings are correctly configured.
    • Make sure Auto-retrieve MMS is enabled.
  6. Clear Messaging App Cache:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Messages (or your default messaging app).
    • Tap on Storage and then Clear Cache. If that doesnā€™t work, try Clear Data (note that this will delete your message history).
  7. Factory Reset (Last Resort):

• If all else fails, consider performing a factory reset. Backup your data before proceeding. Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.

If none of these steps work, itā€™s best to follow up with Consumer Cellular for further support. They might need to troubleshoot their network settings or provide additional assistance.

I hope one of these solutions helps!