Original topic:

FB Messenger asking to set a pin number

(Topic created: 03-10-2024 02:43 PM)
MJH13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I keep getting a message asking me to set a pin# whenever I try to read messages in FB Messenger. I don't get this on any of my other devices. I was able to get access by reinstalling the app and going in through FB to Messenger, but I don't know how long this "fix" will work because when I try to open Messenger on it's own I still get that set pin# messages.

15 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
It's something new Facebook is starting to roll out the PIN feature is legit, not a bug or unexpected. It's part of the new end-to-end encryption that Messenger is rolling out. Using the PIN will allow you to access your chat history if you log in on a new phone or computer.
https://m.facebook.com/help/messenger-app/479091330683112?wtsid=rdr_0iWRWBDy2GOfpXza5

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

jmo5q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
How is it a good thing? I see absolutely no benefit of this. Seems shady.
JASTechmobile
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Not interested in another security pin to remember, it’s just another layer for the hackers to work with, if they don’t remove this garbage most of the people I know will stop using messenger as well as facebook 

F OFF META

fergophone
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It took me 20 minutes of wasted time to go through all the rubbish to change and verify my password for no purpose that I can see!.  Facebook and its messenger are becoming more and more meaningless and so difficult to use.

fergophone
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm still left with the question:  WHAT PIN number, where is it, am I supposed to know where it is? do I have to apply for it?  I know nothing about any stupid pin number.

Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Same. 😅
SrKate
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Have to make your own.
0 Likes
userUdTlAZaJLe