Original topic:

Faulty fast charging compatability on S24s

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
Syrberry
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently bought a 45watt charger, but quickly realized it stopped charging then continued every 10 or so seconds. I thought it was a fault charger so I switched the brick, cable, outlet, and everything imaginable. And everything except fast charging 2.0 worked. So I checked my app that let's me see the wattage my phone is charging at, and saw it only stopped at 30 watts exactly then started again. It has this same problem no matter the charger, brick, outlet, etc. Anything below it like my old charger (15w) works fine and never disconnects. But once it passes 30 it'll stop and start again. 

I think it might have something to do with the 6.1 update because tons of other people are having similar issues that only started after the update. 

I've also tried turning on and off battery optimization, restarting my phone, battery protection, fast charging, but still no luck. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you done a diagnostic on the charging port?  Do you have battery protection on?

0 Likes
Syrberry
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
How do I run a diagnostic?
And I currently have battery protection on, on basic but I've tried it with and without it which still ran the same problem
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You can either go to settings/device care/diagnostics or click on the support tab on the bottom right of the member's app.  You can run all or any of the tests.

0 Likes