JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPS location very unstable

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 06:42 AM)
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my S24 Ultra and started to use. The GPS is very important to us as we travel and hike very often. Also, we take many photos and geotag them so we can see where we've been. First thing I notice is that my location is jumping around in Google Maps! My location isn't even close to my home, and it looks like I'm in other people's yards and bouncing all over the place. The precise location NEVER locks! This also initially happened with my galaxy S22U, but was eventually fixed.

I used the GPSTest utility to look at the gps data and the satellite acquisition is poor. Most of the L5 satellites are missing and Beidou satellites are far and few between. The gps accuracy and speed are jumping all over the place. My S22U accuracy was fixed at 8.4ft and speed close to zero, since not moving. My S24U accuracy is bouncing all over but typically around 33ft, and my speed can reach 10mph! This is completely frustrating. Anyone else having this issue, or did I get a bad phone? Zoom in down to the outline of your home to see this problem on Google Maps. 
By the way, I tested the the gps location accuracy using the Samsung phone diagnostics and it said "normal". Normal compared to what? Samsung, I hope you're seeing this, and please fix asap. I will be returning this phone if this basic necessity can't be fixed, unfortunately.😞
JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
chud37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm on holiday in the UK and it's three times I've been driving now and it just stops working. google maps doesn't know what to do. I missed a boat trip because of this, and my whole family was distraught. 

there was an update yesterday so I'm hoping that fixes it. I also found that restarting the phone seems to get it going again suggesting that it is a software issue and not a hardware one. 

0 Likes
tarounen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

started having same issue for the past 3 days on my S24+. 

0 Likes
alpayk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I am still having this issue as well as the others. We are all writing to this forum but does any Samsung personnel read these? Is Samsung investigating this issue and working on a solution? What is the status? Can you please give us information?

0 Likes
Woodman78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue for my wife and I on S24...

0 Likes
user3mh92747X5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm experiencing similar issues. Restarting the phone sometimes corrects the the problem, for a short while. 

0 Likes
Bethaniesarah
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Also experiencing constant gps issues on my S24.Will just randomly happen in the middle of a trip. Restarting sometimes fixes it but only temporarily.

Is Samsung monitoring this thread?

0 Likes
Mike221
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Obviously not! Same issue here with my s24

0 Likes
Zentence
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm also having serious gps issues on my s24. The blue dot keeps moving around, and when I'm in the car on android auto is very bad. Sometimes have me drivning in the completely opposite direction. I never had any issues on my one plus nord. So much for trying out samsung. By now I can assume they will never acknowledge or fix the problem, just by looking at the time span of this thread

0 Likes
Karl Svozil
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung chat support here in Austria is very bad. When I mentioned the problem she first offered me to clear the cache of the maps app. When I told her of this thread and said that this poor GPS affects all apps (incl. hiking, photos) she said that I am confrontational and dont want solution. Then she ended the chat abruptly. What a bad experience. With my S10 I never ever had GPS problems!

0 Likes
mrpoponiwex
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

GPS signal lost every 5 minutes
what im trying so far (these things did not work at all):
- restart phone
- restart gmaps
- enable High accuracy mode
- set app location permission to "Allowed all the time"
- turn off battery restriction

in the end i download Here we go app. 
Now at least my position is moved in the map. not like in gmaps where its sometimes freeze and give GPS signal lost.

0 Likes