Original topic:

Gallery videos look darker after clicking them.

(Topic created: a week ago)
Cranbapples
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know if this is some sort of messed up HDR thing. But sometimes I'll click on a video and it'll get noticeably darker split second after clicking it. These are videos taken on the s24 ultra. It looks horrible and janky to have the preview image of the video look significantly brighter. And then when you click on it after a moment it goes darker.. please let me know if you have this experience too. 
9 Replies
Nerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The s24 series has been known to have video and picture quality issues. It's actually quite a shame.
Cranbapples
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep. I've had all the ultras and Note's. And the s24 line is the first time I'm running into this problem.
Nerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It's unfortunate and a KNOWN issue that samsung "attempts," but in reality (from what I personally can tell), they haven't done anything really to fix it. (From what I personally can tell mean in my opinion)
Cranbapples
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Ahh man. Well I'll just keep sending error reports ig, until they listen šŸ˜‚
Options
Galaxy S24
There is a way to turn off the HDR option in the gallery.
Cranbapples
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You're a lifesaver. The way HDR is implemented in the gallery makes it seem like less of a feature and more like it's glitching and horrible. I'll be turning that off for sure.
0 Likes
Abelbambam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Worse mistake, changing my S22 for the S24. Horrible pictures. Plus, photo editor available, even after paying for subscription, really bad. I missed picsay pro
Nerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
There are a lot of unofficial Rumors in the wireless industry that the s24 was unintentionally intentionally bad so that people would then want to upgrade to either a fold six or an s25 series phone
0 Likes
Nerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I repeat again so that nobody thinks that this is a violation but those are rumors only
0 Likes