Original topic:

Google Maps/Google Play System Issues

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
***Update**** looks like I've managed to *fix the crashing* for now. All I did was uninstall the most recent Google Maps Update and it seems to be opening with no problem at all (not sure if it was colliding with the recent Google Play System Update, but there's my theory)!

Hello, hope you guys are well!
I was wondering if anyone else has updated their phone today and also done the Google Play System Update and had some issues with Google Maps?
I have to go into Google play System app and clear cache to get it to open once and then back to not launching Maps. 
Not sure how else to get it to work! 

Google Maps being frozen

Clearing Cache

This happens whenever I click on Clear Data

And the current Google Play System Update 

15 Replies
Circle-Ceasar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I hear that sometimes, clearing cache. Course. I Google everything and pick the best option
0 Likes
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep! I googled the issue and ended up clearing cache. Only manages to open the app once and back to frozen again. Hopefully it's something I can fix or something I have enabled that can be turned off
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Not noticed that myself usually when the store updates it dies a update search and get the icon but never noticed any app issues after doing that
0 Likes
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
That's good then. It's probably something I enabled and now I'm stuck with a frozen app šŸ˜…
You have the most recent Google Play System Update, right? Just double checking
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes got it updated a few hours ago
0 Likes
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmm. Okay. Thank you for confirming! I'll keep looking.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
No, my maps is opening very fast with my s24 plus, all updates up to date. System and Google play.
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
You got the 6.1 update as well? If so, it's most likely something I did that makes it freeze until I clear cache, opens once and then it doesn't until I repeat the process
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, yesterday. I hope you can figure it out, not sure what to suggest especially if you aren't yourself quite sure what you may have done.
0 Likes