Original topic:

Google maps timeline inaccurate data

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 05:59 PM)
userKbdKhc5e51
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
 My new S24 ultra used to work fine with Google maps timeline but after the first update it doesn't function properly at all. 
 It constantly doesn't know where I've been nor where I'm at and if it has my location it's off by a block or 2. I've tried all of the different settings for accuracy and nothing seems to fix it. This has been going on for several months now. 

Most of the time it doesn't even know when I'm home. It's constantly drops my stops and driving times. I may stop at 3 places for an hour each but it shows that I've been driving or moving the whole time. 

I'm going to return my phone if I have to this is unacceptable in my opinion. 

Does anyone else have these issues ?

Thanks in advance. 
8 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Sounds like a issue with Google Maps hopefully they fix it soon mine works great as of today 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
In the Samsung Members app, go to Support on the lower right and select phone diagnostics and find location service, and run the test there. If there are any issues, it will let you know, and you should report this to Samsung in an error report that you can create there also in the support area in the Members app.
userKbdKhc5e51
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I did that just now and it says it's normal. No errors.
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Then, for some reason, there's a problem with Google Maps. You should try clearing its cache and data, and if that doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall Google Maps.
userKbdKhc5e51
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the suggestion and I have done that as best as possible and I cannot uninstall the app and reinstall. Best I can do is uninstall the updates. Cache clear works fine but my timeline is still erattic .
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Create an error report in the Support tab in this Samsung Members app.
userKbdKhc5e51
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I will do that, and thank you !
Imamnotarobot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have similar issues when navigating in Google Maps, it’s a regular S24, not Ultra.

Sometimes it works just fine.

Sometimes it only updates every 5 seconds (it seems to be a precise interval)

Sometimes it pauses for longer periods, 10-20 seconds.

Often displays a message, that it is trying to reestablish GPS fix.

Rarely had any of these issues with the old S21.

Location permissions for Google Maps is set to Allow all the time and Use precise location.

Location history seems to register most places though.

0 Likes