Original topic:

I have two S24s. Apps installed on one are showing as 'not compatible' with the other. Any ideas?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_imcGNbN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have my personal S24 that I've been using since January. I am currently setting up a new S24 for a relative. Apps I have installed on my personal device are either not showing up in the store when searching with the newer S24 or saying that an app is built for an older version of android.

Ive looked at hardware information, software versions, build numbers, etc. Everything of consequence appears to be identical for both phones.

One other odd thing that happened with the new phone; it had the timezone wrong out of the box and was preset to somewhere in Asia.

The older S24 was purchased at Amazon. The S24 that has issues was just purchased from Samsung directly.

3 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I wonder if it was a return and didn't get reset correctly. Have you tried a factory reset?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Members_imcGNbN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for the theory. I have not reset it. I discovered the problem well after the majority of the phone was set up and was hoping to avoid that.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Sorry. Not sure that's the issue or the solution (although seems to be the proposed solution for most things). I'd wait to see what others might suggest before taking such drastic action.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes