Original topic:

Keep Screen on while viewing not working on s24+

(Topic created: 03-04-2024 02:12 PM)
Kiniax
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I know this type of post has been posted before however nothing from there has helped and I don't think I can reply to that post.

Ever since I got the phone the function has never worked. I'm worried its a hardware issue and if so it'd be probably difficult to prove. I've tried turning off the camera access for all apps but no success, I haven't installed any apps that I can think of that could be preventing the function from working .

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it just be a bug fixed in a future update or more of a hardware issue?

22 Replies
Kiniax
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

If it just keeps the screen on if constantly looking directly  at it then it seems to work in safe more but my friend has the s20u and if the screen dims down and he looks at it it will keep on, whilst mine doesnt do that, 

However now when i went out of safe mode, my clock widget and Spotify widget disappeared from my home screen and now I can't even get my clock widget app without reinstalling the app all over again and remaking all my alarms etc

0 Likes
Aht00ng
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I had this problem too. When I transferred previous apps from my old note9 to s24+, some of the outdated "system related" apps prevented this function to work. I uninstalled couple of those apps and it seems to work fine now. Good luck.

0 Likes
dws2121
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

How did you identify these apps?

Miaowen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I also transferred all apps from note9 to s24+.  Can you tell me what apps you had issues with? My only problem is that screen does not always come on when I tap twice, is doing my head in,  sometimes comes on, sometimes not, other times i just pick it up and screen comes on.  I am not very tech savvy and this is causing me a big headache

0 Likes
kingkoops81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you find a fix? Cause I've been having the same issue and I think it's hardware
Kiniax
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I haven't found a fix yet but I really hope its not hardware as I heard way too many stories about phones not being shipped back or other issues with samsung services

0 Likes
dws2121
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same problem.  Would love to determine the fix.

SlapsRUS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm just adding in here. I'm also experiencing this. Could be watching a 5 min video, and all of a sudden, my screen dims or skips that entirely and turns off. I've been seeing a lot, though, about if you have transferred data from the old phone to new that problems like this are present. Don't see why that would over take a default set setting.
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Transferred data from S10+. Having this issue on S24U. Can't remember if my S10+ worked correctly or not ...

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes