Original topic:

Keyboard auto capitalizing the letter "i"

(Topic created: 08-20-2024 06:46 PM)
garloibua
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Does anyone know how to stop my Samsung keyboard from auto capitalizing the letter "i"? I want it to replace any misspelled words and such but i type in lowercase 24/7 and it keeps auto capitalizing the letter "i" in all of my sentences. I have auto capitalization disabled also. 

3 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
That's strange! You could try to clear the Samsung keyboard cache to see if that corrects the issue.
Go to device settings > apps > Samsung keyboard > clear cache > restart phone
spudkinn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

i have the same issue. could you please explain why you say clearing the cache might help? i don't understand what the logic is.

it would only really make sense to me if i had used the keyboard with the setting to auto-capitalize on, which i haven't done. i dislike the feature so i turned it off while i was still setting up my phone.

also - just in case, i tried your suggestion and unfortunately nothing improved.

0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Clearing the cache of apps technically makes everything run fresh again. Sometimes, app files will become corrupt for various reasons, causing certain features or settings not to work correctly. So, clearing the cache of apps will make them work like intended.
0 Likes