JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MMS messages won't randomly send

(Topic created: 05-15-2024 06:24 PM)
Stock9622
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have MMS messages that randomly won't send (they just sit there spooling). Random messages send and go through and random messages just sit there spooling. If I let it sit there spooling sometimes the message sends after 15-20 minutes (sometimes it's taken a few hours) and sometimes after a while I'll get an error message stating "message not sent". This issue occurs when I am sending a photo/gif to a single person and/or this issue also occurs with group message conversations with plain texts/photos/gifs. Sometimes it is the first message I send, sometimes it's the 4th, and sometimes it's the 10th message.. it's completely random when the messages won't send and just sits there spooling. This issue happens with everyone that I send messages too (it's not isolated to a single phone number). The only way I can get the "spooling" messages to send is to toggle airplane mode on/off, but for some reason when i do this it will send my message twice (but it will send right away). I am then good for a few messages and then it spools again and have to go back and toggle airplane mode on/off. The only way I can converse via texting is to use airplane mode dozens of times a day. I have noticed that I can schedule an MMS message to be sent in the future and it will go through. This issue started in December with my s22 (unlocked bought through Samsung.com) and continued when I got the s24+ (unlocked also bought through Samsung.com) in January. I have tried several different messaging apps (Google, Samsung, and Verizon) and all have the same issue. I even at some point factory reset my s24+ and the issue remained. Coincidentally my wife is having the issue (same phones s22 and s24+). I have worked with Verizon and have tried many different things (hours and hours of troubleshooting) but no luck. Verizon is now claiming it is a "phone" issue and not a network issue. I don't understand this especially because the issue existed on two different s22s/s24+'s (mine and my wife's). Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stock9622
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Update... So I have switched to T-Mobile and instantly it fixed everything... It was definitely something with Verizon

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
You need to go back to Verizon and get them to elevate your problem to a higher level of support since you have experienced this problem with four phones!
Stock9622
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately I have done that. The people in the store are just salesmen and then can only troubleshoot basic issues, so they referred me to their phone techs. I spend an hour or two with a tech person or two troubleshooting and trying different things. They then escalate the issue and create a ticket. Someone looks over the ticket in the next 10-14 days and marks the ticket as complete (I guess because the messages send at some point event though there is a huge delay). I have had 5-6 tickets created so far. The same thing happens everytime. Until recently everytime I call I start completely over with a new tech so the process is exhausting and takes hours. I am at my breaking point and am ready to switch from Verizon. They keep saying it's a "phone" issue so in a last ditch effort I was hoping someone on here would hopefully find something that has been missed.
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
If your phone isn't a locked Verizon phone, it's past time to switch carriers.
Stock9622
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree... The problem is finding the time to switch 8 different lines over to a new carrier... And part of me is afraid that it is somehow a "phone" issue and I will be bringing the same issue over to a new carrier
Josphe72
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I had this exact issue in December last year and into Jan 24. I use Straight Talk but Verizon owns that now. Im not sure if they operate exactly the same but I finally called customer service tech division. The lady said she saw some things (wouldnt say what),would make a few changes and then instruct me to reboot. Whatever she did fixed it though. Maybe it's not a phone issue
cjtex
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have T-Mobile and I am having the same problem with my 24 Ultra
BJK4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same thing on my S23 Ultra. I even had a new motherboard installed by Samsung and the problem still exists. I have Spectrum. Spectrum says it's a phone issue and Samsung says it's a carrier issue. Meanwhile I'm stuck in the middle. So frustrating. Maybe I have to go thr darkside and look into an iPhone.
0 Likes
userozP4IOY6ws
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I had the issue where it would send randomly then it just stopped sending mms pics **bleep** around a lot, story shout I found a fix that I never would have thought would fix it but this did, had to download googs own contact list app in the Play store issues went away. Try it **bleep** do you have too loose. Good luck Everyone.
0 Likes
userAXHHqpmht6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having this issue. From an S21 to now my S24. I've spent hours & hours with many support tickets created with no help yet from either Samsung or Verizon. I am sick of it! I'm searching for a fix. Have you found anything that works?

0 Likes